Reliable & Effective
Tulsa Bankruptcy Attorney | How To Avoid Holiday Debt
If you are facing Bankruptcy during the holidays they are not your most favorite time of year. However, for those that are not, but want to be responsible in the holiday season with their money these are some tips that we recommend.
1) Start saving up early. We recommend like all things that you make a budget for the holiday season. The last thing you should do is go into debt during the holidays. Only spend what you have. We recommend that you pay in cash if you can.
2) Set a budget. Do not go over your budget and do not take on debt for the holiday season.
3) Make a list if you can. We understand some family members are harder to buy for than others are. However, making a list of what you plan on buying will make it much easier for you to keep your budget.
4) Consider just shopping online. This will keep you from going into the stores and buying a bunch of things that you do not need.
5) Many people buy gifts for themselves over the holiday season. Consider skipping yourself this year.
Saving money during the holiday season is not as difficult as it sounds. You just need to discipline yourself and keep your priorities strait and you will be fine.